Thursday, May 1, 2008

Inside Out

A thousand times I fail

Still Your mercy remains

The art of losing myself

In giving you praise.

Everlasting

Your light will shine when all else fades

Everlasting

Your glory goes beyond all shame


That's just the first verse and chorus of a song we sing at Imago Dei. I've sung it so many times in the year and a half that I've been there, but it wasn't until I played it for worship that the words really stayed with me.

It echoes Psalm 94:17-19:

"If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have dwelt in the abode of silence. If I should say, "My foot has slipped," Your lovingkindness, O Lord, holds me up. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul."


And I fall down every day into the mercy of God.....

No comments: